Do I need a Section 73?


Every new development build requires an approved Section 73 Certification in order to commence build and to connect to Sydney Water.

For any building structures, you will not be able to receive appropriate water waste, drainage, water supply or connect to Sydney Water without this certification.

For other smaller structures, such as a fence, a pool, extension or a granny flat, you will still need your Building Plans Approved by Sydney Water before obtaining a Construction Certificate from your Principal Certifying Agency or Council.