LP Consulting Australia doesn’t just go with the flow when it comes to water projects. As leaders in water development projects throughout Australia we are overflowing with specialisations. One of the key areas we assist with are water and sewer developments in the Hunter region of NSW. Hunter Water supplies water to over half a million people in the lower Hunter region, as well as some bulk treated water to Midcoast Water customers and Wyong Council. It is required that all new developments are designed by accredited Hunter Water design consultants. LP Consulting Australia is one of the accredited design consultants recognised by Hunter Water. This means we have the experience, expertise and essential accreditations to manage projects that are run through Hunter Water’s approval process.
Hunter Water Development Projects
Hunter Water holds high standards for certification as approved designers and developers. This forms part of Hunter Water’s key role in supporting the NSW Government’s Hunter Regional Plan 2036. Approved designers must have demonstrated superior reliability and quality in managing development project. As Hunter Water accredited design consultants for water supply reticulation and sewerage reticulation, LP Consulting Australia is an approved Hunter Water design consultant to oversee new water and sewerage developments.
The Approval Process
Understandably, there are a lot of regulations around the approval process for a new water or sewerage project. LP Consulting Australia fully engages with every step, providing our expertise to help ensure that the project safely passes the necessary requirements for approval. Since projects will not be approved without the involvement of an accredited design consultant, it is imperative that projects are overseen by an accredited company. That’s why LP Consulting Australia has ensured we have the appropriate accreditation to meet this requirement. Hunter Water has a 5-step application process that includes:
- Applying for a development assessment application
- Having the proposal investigated
- Receiving a notice of requirements letter, which includes the requirement to engage an accredited design consultant and an accredited construction contractor.
- Once the requirements have been met, a Section 50 certificate is issued.
- Arrangements are made for the connection
Accredited Design Consultants
As Hunter Water accredited design consultants LP Consulting Australia ticks the essential boxes for a water or sewerage development project overseen by Hunter Water. With LP Consulting Australia at the helm, we make passing the Hunter Water approval process as easy as swimming downstream. The quality services we provide are geared to facilitate the success of every project, from application to final implementation. As a quality service provider LP Consulting Australia ensures that the project has the reliability and expertise needed to maintain the vision of continual developmental improvement in the Hunter region.
The importance of having a Hunter Water accredited design consultant is not just in meeting approval requirements. It ensures that your designer meets the essential high-quality standards needed to ensure best practice standards are met in safety, environmental care, community benefit, and effectiveness. As an accredited design consultant, LP Consulting Australia fulfils the functions of a design consultant, including:
- Routine works design. This includes investigation, design, and documentation of works to lay the proper foundation for the project.
- Certification for Routine Works. This means LP Consulting Australia provides quality assurance as the overseeing manager for asset-creation. This process runs through design development, works verifications, site inspections, ensuring environmental and safety standards are met, through to issuing the Certificate of Completion for the Works.
- Design for Complex Works. As a comprehensive design consultant this means taking responsibility for completing the comprehensive design details and contract documentation. Of course, everything is prepared in accordance with legal requirements and appropriate design standards.